I've been thinking about the secret lives that we all lead a lot lately.
You know all the thoughts and desires and kinks that you have that you never tell anyone. That you really don't even share with yourself sometimes.
There is a ruddy faced blond girl that works at the Blockbuster that I always go to. I've never given much thought to her or what her life is like until the other day when I realized that she is pregnant. She kept walking around and putting movies back the whole time and she was crying. About 10 minutes later a young guy came in that I'm guessing is her boyfriend and he comforted her.
This was all too much for me. Someone who I've been having casual conversation with for the last year is pregnant, crying, and apparently has a somewhat serious relationship. It was odd to see all of these things at once. She was never more then the Blockbuster girl in my head. But I was forced to see more of her life.
I guess the point that I'm trying to make is that even the most simple of us have far more depth then we often realize.
This of course led me to think about all of the shit about me that even the closest of my family or friends couldn't even guess at. When you add that to the fact that I am not unique it gets even more interesting and has turned into my new favorite game.
I work as a help desk operator for a living and I talk to about 50 different people everyday. Some of them are repeat callers that I have helped before and know to an extent but many are new voices. I like to make up elaborate histories and sexual habits for these people.
Lets say I get a call from Joe Bagodonuts. He's having a problem with his Outlook, he's not receiving email. Oh my! In the 2 minutes it takes me to fix this issue I've decided that Joe is one of the Heracleidae and spent his early years being guarded and trained by an Etruscan cult dedicated to the worship of Charun. Joe himself possesses an ancient hammer that is rumored to be at least 1000 years old and likes to walk the streets at night bashing in the heads of the old and infirm. When he goes home to his wife he makes love to her in the missionary position and the missionary position only, looking at a picture of Macaulay Culkin the whole time.
That's just an example, they are usually much more detailed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment